Damned & Dangerous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Plans For The Year?

+4
Pete Taylor
Bob Bull
Greg Mackie
Admin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any Plans For The Year? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Plans For The Year?

Post by Bob Bull Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 am

DN,
Good to hear from you again, good to hear from anyone actually, Ferrari?

Now all there troubles are over,WC no. 3 for Alonso well on the way, perhaps you might like to invite him to join our select group?

Seriously well done, it sounds as if you are not such a Damned Nuisance after all.

Would this job, assuming you are still there mean being at the British Grand Prix in 2015? I still take my refreshment at their Media unit, as it is the most welcoming of all of the teams.

Myself? Well I continue to trek up to Silverstone on a regular basis, GP no autographs but a number of pictures, being 'Media' is not the best way to see the race, as the Media Room has no windows, silent TV coverage, and a soulless atmosphere, and outside there are few decent viewing spots. Still being there is still a buzz.

The Silverstone Classic was another three day job with fine weather, tremendous grids, fabulous cars, and good racing, while a browse around the Car Club, Trade, Exhibitors stands is always a full day at least. Luckily being Press means a fleet of aircon BMW's are available for transport around the various sites.
We (a number of drivers and myself) ran a very well received barbecue for the marshals on the Friday evening, the drivers provided money and beer, and Iain Rowley organised everything. I ran a Raffle for a number of very nice prizes donated by some of the BTTC teams and individuals, and also a Quiz that added to the entertainment.
The marshals really appreciate someone doing something for them as a 'thank you'. While a lot of lip service is paid to their efforts, there is small, tangible reward from most organisers.

My favourite meeting of the year followed the next Saturday; The Bentley Drivers Club annual race meeting. This is what motor sport is all about for me, relaxed atmosphere, lack of officialdom, good close, but clean racing (mostly), and very friendly competitors. A joy to be around.

Being Silverstone we had brilliant sunshine and torrential downpours alternating during the day, but it did not dampen spirits. (Sorry)

Bit of a rest for a couple of weeks, so picking up a few brownie points at home.

Cheers you Damned lot.

Bob.
Bob Bull
Bob Bull

http://rbma.org.uk  -  picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics

Back to top Go down

Post by Damned Nuisance Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 am

"to Sicily to drive the old Mille Miglia circuit."

I meant Targa Florio of course. Too much Lambrusco, obviously....
Damned Nuisance
Damned Nuisance

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Bull Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:52 am

Damned Nuisance wrote:"to Sicily to drive the old Mille Miglia circuit."

Easy mistake to make, they are both Italian.

Molto bene.

With regard to 'more later ...' Yes Please. Photos as well will be required, I always thought that if (MASSIVE 'IF') I could have won anything in motor sport either of those two great races would have done me nicely, you might have the Health and Safety Executive after you just mentioning their names.

Only in Italy.
Bob Bull
Bob Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Bull Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Damned Nuisance wrote:"to Sicily to drive the old Mille Miglia circuit."

Paddy won the Mille Miglia and went on to do a lap of honour!
Bob Bull
Bob Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Damned Nuisance Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:29 am

"The marshals really appreciate someone doing something for them as a 'thank you'. While a lot of lip service is paid to their efforts, there is small, tangible reward from most organisers."

I'm afraid I'm one of them. I've always appreciated what they do, especially as they pulled me out of upturned cars a couple of times (both at Silverstone). I was too shy/embarrassed to go back & thank them. Always regretted that.

Incidentally, I recently ran into (bad term) an old guy in a pub who said he was one of the first on the scene at David Purley's LEC accident. He described it in so much detail, he was obviously genuine & seemed surprised that I knew about it.

I suppose I could do the Mille Miglia route as well, while I'm at it, couldn't I? Should I ask Sir Stirling the best lines?...
Damned Nuisance
Damned Nuisance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum